Friday, March 26, 2010

Victorian Women Did not have Butts that Big

I remember as a kid I used to actually believe Victorian woman really did have shoulders and butts as big as their clothes made them seem to be. I'd feel grateful that women weren't "made that way" anymore. They looked like they were always in pain and uncomfortable, and their shoulders were intimidating. I preferred looking like a little stick with no butt, no boobs, no shoulders, nothing.

But now, knowing that these women aren't disfigured, I wish these styles would come back. Hats are starting to become more bold, and ruffled shirt collars are big too. But I want a dress with one of these long trains that drags on the floor behind you, and maybe even one of the dress parts that make women's butts look abnormally large and perpendicular to the lower back. That would be a statement maker at all modern formal events.









1 comment: