Monday, March 29, 2010

Falling in Love with an Old Man

Yesterday was one of those days where I just needed to browse through thrift stores and Goodwills. If I had the funds (and closet space), I would have purchased just about everything I saw. Needless to say, I came home with only a few trinkets. However, I spent exactly ten dollars on FIVE items. Pretty incredible if you ask me. I came home with a tote, two pins, and two mugs (one of the mugs is pictured). However it's the things I didn't buy that were the most interesting about my thrift store montage.

Hat: I don't know what character this is, or if it even is one (someone enlighten me if you know). But it was possibly the funniest thing in the hat section. If it were closer to Halloween this would have come home with me. I mean how many people are going to be dressed as that?


Cups: Both of these mugs are semi-frightening. Their designer must have been pretty demented, and I must be too seeing as I fell in love with the second one so much that I actually bought it (for $2!). I mean look at that intense profile. Along with it, I bought a mug with moose and moose facts on it.


Galoshes: Who were these made for? I looked at them and thought they were a joke. I mean we'd have to live in a Louisiana swamp for these to even make sense. They were well over twelve sizes too big for me in both length and width. I felt like a little girl again wearing mommy's shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment